On set with Dennis and editing the scripts for a few social media promo videos.
Ernest Hemingway used the phrase, “Gradually, then suddenly.” John Green wrote, “slowly, and then all at once.” However you think of it, you’re probably familiar with this feeling. The feeling of getting closer to something, one small movement at a time, and then suddenly everything changes. That’s how we are feeling this month. We’ve been inching our way closer to the field, and it has felt like the time keeps stretching and we’re barely moving closer, then suddenly this month hit us.
With a visit from Dennis McMains, the international leader for our region, and Bob and Carol Marsh, our regional impact team, we dove into the communications needs for our region and how we’re going to tackle them. We talked about our role in communications and in leadership in our region. We began marking our calendar with dates to visit Russia and Estonia this fall. We visited the Orlando office to meet with the communications team there to start sharing subscriptions and go over our plans and gear.
Steve and Jenny, the team leaders in Poland, found a house for their family with an unattached guest house. This guest house is going to serve as our apartment when we first arrive and then as our office space once we find our own apartment. It’s under construction now, so we’ll have a place to live by August. We’ve started to talk about the details of items to pack, and how to bring it all over.
We have reached 75% in monthly support, and we’re still moving forward in our equipment fund! We’ve been so blessed and encouraged by the boldness and faith of our monthly partners. In honor of our progress bar turning green when we reached 75%, we made this post a bit green.
The most recent information is showing that the Polish government is still planning to open borders this summer, and Steve is working on our behalf to get visas in order and find a way for us to be able to travel even while our visa application is being processed. In conversations with him, we’ve also been talking about the church we might join in Poland and how we can be involved there.
It has been a month of real movement forward, and we are so excited about it!
Praise God with us
- We have reached 75% of our monthly support!
- So many good visits with coworkers, family, and brothers and sisters in Christ. One of the most common questions we get is, “Is your family supportive?” We are beyond grateful that we can answer with a confident “Yes!” and that we have so many additional people who pour into us and support us.
- For the work Steve and Jenny are doing to prepare the way for us to join them in Poznań.
Pray with us
- For our health in our last week of travels
- For Bob and Carol, Andrew and Miranda, who are all fully funded and trusting God to open the borders and settle things here so they can be on the field in the next few months.
- As we dive further into the Converge communications world, “Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands upon us;” – Psalm 90:17
- For the additional 25% in monthly partnerships!
Thankful for your faithfulness in prayer.
Heather and Peter